InterMed Onlus is a non-profit international organization
involved in health care cooperation.
The main aim of InterMed is to promote the
human personality through health care programs in permanent
or emergency way.
InterMed is registered in the list of italian nonprofit
organizatione (Onlus) according to the act n. 460 dated
december 4 1997.
InterMed is particularly specialized for:
- selecting and hiring social-health and technical people
in under-developed countries
- cooperating with national and international organizations
and institutions involved in health programs for disadvantaged
- team-working with italian and foreign goverment organization
involved in cooperation programs for under-developed
countries in studying, planning and implementing specific
- cooperating with hospitals, clinics and university
departments, specialization schools, scientific and
medical societies, with the aim of stimulating and training
social and health personnel suitable for project management.
Aims and operating methods
Team-working with public and private nonprofit
organizations, Inter Med is engaged in improving the
quality and the efficiency of local health services
by promoting basic social health care, by realizing
suitable structures, by training medical, nursing and
InterMed projects always answer to specific inquiries
from local communities which partecipate since the beginning
to the strategic and operative activities.
InterMed acts indipendently from any local political
and religous institution showing respect for indigenous
cultures in a frame of self-development and self-determination.
Here is a list of some implementations performed
by InterMed in Africa, Latin America, Asia and East
- hospitals, city and country dispensaries, laboratories
and diagnostic multifunction centers linked to the local
national health services (Burkina Faso, Burundi, Congo,
- basic health joint projects for community growth,
environmental health, sanitary education and training
of base health operators (Benin, China, Avory Coast,
- health schools for the education and training of local
specialists (Burkina Faso, Congo, Togo);
- emergency interventions in order to face natural or
man-caused calamities (Albany, Congo, Eritrea, Kossovo,
Rwuanda, Democratic Republic of Congo).
Intermed's staff includes experts in health
project planning and management, basic social medicine,
health education and training, tropical medicine, emergency
InterMed can use a network of cooperators for:
- feasibility studies and preliminary projects;
- selection and training of outsourced people;
- implementation and management of health structures:
- supply of biomedical technology;
- health education and training of local personnel;
- supervision and validation of the operations.
The national seat of InterMed manages all
project and plannig activities and coordinates local
teams for education to the development through seminaries,
meetings, and literature about cooperation problems.
InterMed is ruled by articles which forecast:
- partner meeting which plans association activities,
balance-sheet approval, President and Board election,
- general management responsible for the executive operations.