The main aim of InterMed is to promote the human personality through health care programs in permanent or emergency way.
InterMed is registered in the list of Italian non-profit organizations (Onlus) according to the act n. 460 dated December 4, 1997.
InterMed is particularly specialized in:
– selecting and hiring social-health and technical people in under-developed countries
– cooperating with national and international organizations and institutions involved in health programs for disadvantaged people;
– team-working with Italian and foreign government organizations involved in cooperation programs for under-developed countries in studying, planning and implementing specific projects;
– cooperating with hospitals, clinics and university departments, specialization schools, scientific and medical societies, with the aim of stimulating and training social and health personnel suitable for project management.
Aims and operating methods
Team-working with public and private non-profit organizations, InterMed is engaged in improving the quality and the efficiency of local health services by promoting basic social health care, by realizing suitable structures, by training medical, nursing and technical people.
InterMed projects always answer to specific inquiries from local communities, which participate since the beginning to the strategic and operative activities.
InterMed acts independently from any local political and religious institution showing respect for indigenous cultures in a frame of self-development and self-determination.
Here is a list of some implementations performed by InterMed in Africa, Latin America, Asia and East Europe:
– hospitals, city and country dispensaries, laboratories and diagnostic multifunction centers linked to the local national health services (Burkina Faso, Burundi, Congo, Rwanda. Togo);
– basic health joint projects for community growth, environmental health, sanitary education and training of base health operators (Benin, China, Ivory Coast, Somalia, Tanzania);
– health schools for the education and training of local specialists (Burkina Faso, Congo, Togo);
– emergency interventions in order to face natural or man-caused calamities (Albany, Congo, Eritrea, Kosovo, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo).
InterMed staff includes experts in health project planning and management, basic social medicine, health education and training, tropical medicine, emergency aid.
InterMed can use a network of partners for:
– feasibility studies and preliminary projects;
– selection and training of outsourced people;
– implementation and management of health structures:
– supply of biomedical technology;
– health education and training of local personnel;
– supervision and validation of the operations.
The national seat of InterMed manages all project and planning activities and coordinates local teams for education to the development through seminaries, meetings, and literature about cooperation problems.
InterMed is ruled by articles, which forecast:
– partner meeting which plans association activities, balance-sheet approval, President and Board election,
– general management responsible for the executive operations.